- Avoid heavy traffic for the 1st 24 hours after the final coat is dry (socks are recommended)
- Place felt pads on all furniture to avoid scratching the floor.
- Support furniture & heavy appliances with wide bearing, non-staining glides or casters
- Place a quality door mat at the entrance of your home to help protect your floor from abrasive dust & grit
- Maintain normal interior humidity levels. Humidity should fall within a range of 35% to 50%
- Place area rugs in high or concentrated traffic areas to make long term maintenance easier.
Common Sense Care & Maintenance
- Immediately blot up spills or spots with a light damp cloth
- Frequently vacuum or sweep your floor to prevent dirt, dust and grit from scratching or dulling the finish. Use a vacuum with a soft brush attachment.
Kashian Bros Floor Care System
- Regularly clean the floors with Kashian Bros Hardwood Floor Cleaner. Our floor care system consists of a non-toxic waterborne cleaner specifically designed for polyurethane-finished hardwood and a re-useable microfiber mop for cleaning and eliminating dust and allergens.
- Kashian Bros floor care is waterborne, pH neutral and non-toxic. Unlike all-purpose cleaners and oil soaps, it quickly clean tough stains and spills—from dried spaghetti sauce and red wine to scuff marks—all without dulling your floor’s beautiful finish or leaving any residue. No mixing or diluting; they’re ready-to-use.
- Lightly mist a 4’ x 6’ area of your floor or directly mist the cleaning pad. Finish one area before moving on to the next. When your mop pad becomes soiled, rinse with water, thoroughly wring out the pad and continue cleaning with Kashian Bros Hardwood Floor Cleaner. When the mop pad becomes excessively soiled, launder and replace with another clean mop pad. Continued use of excessively soiled pads may cause streaking.
- Your microfiber cleaning pads are reusable and washable. Do not use any fabric softeners, dryer sheets or bleach on your Microfiber cleaning pad as these products will diminish the natural cleaning characteristics of the microfiber.
- Use wax, conditioners or acrylic waxes
- Use steel wool on the floor
- Use ammonia based cleaners
Long Term Floor Care
- As a floor ages, signs of normal wear and tear should be expected. This is natural, it happens to all wood floors. To restore luster and extend the wear layer it may be necessary to recoat the floor with a new layer of polyurethane finish. The floor is buffed using a light screen and a new layer of finish is then applied. Don’t wait until the finish has been worn down to the bare wood. If you think it may be time to recoat your floor, please give us a call to provide you with expert advice on the best time and or method for keeping your floors in top condition.